Go Ye Therefore
The Law of Intuition Part 8
David Makes Decisions Wisely-Psalm 37:3-9
Do you ever feel as though you need a therapist? If so, then Psalm 37 is for you.
David writes as a counselor, providing wise steps to take as you face crises and decisions. Whenever you feel the pressure of competition in the market, the compulsion to perform, or to compare your lot with other leaders, pause and remember these words. David brings eternal perspective and long-term vision that prevents mistakes in short-term decisions:
- Trust in the Lord and do good; do what is right despite what others do (v. 3).
- Cultivate faithfulness and don’t move too quickly; don’t rush anything (v. 3).
- Prioritize God and His values; He will reward and satisfy you in the end (v. 4).
- Commit your plans to Him and trust Him; the results are in His hand (v. 5).
- Be quiet and patient; perspective comes when we grow still and think (v. 7).
- Don’t fret or compare; such anxiety always gives bad motivation (v. 7).
- Refuse to get angry at competition; anger does not bring the results you desire (v. 8).
- Put your hope in the Lord; ultimately, He will guide and use your decision (v. 9).
Join me next time for The Law of Intuition Part 9